Colorado Resource Navigator (2-1-1)
- 2-1-1 Colorado: Streamlines services and provides one central location where all Coloradans can get connected to the resources they need. 2-1-1 is a confidential and multilingual service connecting people to vital resources across the state.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 799-7233
- If you cannot speak safely, visit thehotline.org
- Family Tree Crisis Line: (303) 420-6752
- Violence Free Colorado
- Adult Protection Hotline: (303) 271-4673 – For reports regarding the health and wellbeing of adults 18 and older who may be at risk for abuse or exploitation.
- FIT Court – FIT Court addresses child abuse or neglect that is related to parental substance abuse. A collaborative effort, FIT Court strives to empower families to look beyond compliance and abstinence, encouraging them to make a commitment to a lifestyle of recovery. It is a voluntary, family-based program within the Dependency and Neglect System.
Mental Health Support
Disability Support Services
- PEAK – Aid to those in need/people with a disability provides cash assistance to eligible Colorado residents. Individuals must be ages 18 to 59, determined disabled by a medical doctor, and be unable to work for a minimum of 6 months; participants must apply for Social Security benefits (program is NOT a part of Medicaid).
- Vocational Rehab – Provides services to those with a disability so they can reach their employment goals.
- Long Term Medicaid – Community members can apply through Medicaid to receive long term benefits for aging services, housing, and community based services.
- Feel the Beat – Music programs for children in the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or Special needs communities.
Substance Abuse Support
LGBTQ+ Community Resources
- Careers for Veterans – Services include, but are not limited to: registration, counseling, referral to supportive services, referral to job openings, job development or training.
- Wounded Warrior Project – A VA-accredited organization to help you navigate the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD).
- Colorado Veterans Project – List of veteran resources.
- List of Veteran Mental Health Trainings.
- Qualified Listeners – Veteran & family resource hub for veterans and their family.
Food & Nutrition Assistance
- SNAP Program – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program provides nutrition assistance for eligible, low-income individuals and families:
- Hunger Free Colorado Food Finder (or call the Food Resource Hotline at 1 (855) 855-4626)
Children and Families
- Childcare Assistance Program – Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) provides financial assistance to eligible low-income families who need child care benefits for children from birth to age 12 or children with additional care needs under the age of 19.
- Colorado Works TANF – Colorado Works, also known as Colorado’s Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) program, provides financial assistance, job preparation and work opportunities to needy families with children on a temporary basis, to achieve economic and family stability. The amount of financial aid provided is based on family size and income.
- Foster/Kinship Care – Jefferson, Arapahoe, and Douglas counties have resources for foster care families, placements, and kinship care.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) – Advocates for abused and neglected children to provide them safe and stable homes.
- A Precious Child – Helps families and kids who are facing crisis, neglect, abuse, and/or poverty with services.
Health Care Information & Assistance
Senior Citizen Support Services
- Home Care Allowance – Home Care Allowance provides cash assistance to elderly and disabled individuals for services paid directly to a home care provider of the client’s choice. The home care provider assists the client with daily activities like bathing, dressing, transfers, and supportive services such as money/appointment management (eligibility based on age and severity of need).
- Nursing Home Neglect – If you or a loved one is experiencing nursing home neglect or abuse, click on this link for help.
- Medicare Part D – Medicare assistance and resources.