COVID 19 Information
Last updated: March 31
The governor has issued a statewide “stay at home” order 3/26 6AM through 4/11. See details here.
State of Colorado
Congressman Jason Crow
Colorado General Assembly
- On Saturday March 14, the Colorado General Assembly adjourned until Monday, Monday 30. The General Assembly will reconvene when it is prudent to do so.
Colorado Courts / Judicial Branch
Colorado Attorney General
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (updated frequently)
CO-HELP is Colorado’s call line for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). People who have general questions about COVID-19 can call CO HELP at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911, for answers in many languages, or email them at COHELP@RMPDC.org for answers in English.
Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
Colorado Department of Education
Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade (small business assistance)
- Economic Injury Hotline – 303-860-5881
- For individuals needing hotline services in Spanish or Somali, call the hotline and someone will redirect you to the appropriate operator.
- Small Business Navigator – email@example.com
- COVID-19 resource website – sign up for email updates
Other State of Colorado Measures & Updates
City of Aurora
- The Aurora Police Department is urging residents to call 9-1-1 only in emergencies (call 303-627-3100 for non-emergencies) and to report non-emergency issues online if possible.
- 3/16 Updates from Aurora Municipal Court
- Effective March 17, all arraignments/first appearance dates (adult and juvenile) will be postponed for 91 days
- Effective March 17, all Pretrial Conference dates (adult and juvenile) will be postponed for 91 days.
- Effective March 17, all Jury Trials that are currently scheduled between March 17 to April 30 will be postponed
- Jurors who have been summoned for jury duty for the period of March 17 to April DO NOT NEED TO APPEAR
- All other trials to the bench (trials to a judge) and all other hearings will REMAIN AS CURRENTLY SCHEDULED AND DEFENDANTS AND WITNESSES MUST APPEAR
- If you have received a traffic summons, you may take advantage of the Early Payment Option which includes a reduction of points. Just visit this page.
- Effective March 14, 2020 through March 31, 2020 the following facilities will be closed, or until further notice
- All City Recreation Centers and Indoor Pools
- All City Libraries
- Aurora History Museum
- Aurora Fox Theater
- The People’s Building
- Effective March 14, 2020 through April 30, 2020 the following facilities will be closed, or until further notice
- Aurora Center for Active Adults
- Morning Star Adult Day Care
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Colorado Child Care Assistance Program
- Financial (CASH) assistance
- Food assistance
- Heat and energy assistance
- Medical assistance
Aurora Public Schools
- 3/31 – “remote learning” begins – see details here.
- 3/23 – “real time fact” sheet (updated frequently)
- 3/20 – information on mental health services for students, families and staff
- 3/20 – APS is offering free breakfast and lunch throughout the extended spring break at numerous sites around the city. Click here for details.
- If your student has medication at school that you need to bring home, please call our APS Security Dispatch Office at 303-367-3060. The dispatcher will ask for your student’s name, school, your name and phone number. A member of our Health Services team will then contact you to schedule a pick-up time for the medication at your child’s school. Pick-up times will be scheduled.
Cherry Creek Schools
Community College of Aurora
- No classes through March 29
- All classes will be conducted online beginning March 30 and through the end of the semester.
Aurora Mental Health
- 3/17 update – Most services and care are being provided via tele-health – using phones, video and computer technology. Providers are connecting with clients via phone or email to determine the best method for care. Connect2Care clinic provides direct telehealth services at 303-617-2300. Residential and detox services remain open, and Crisis Services are open and available by calling 844-493-8255.
Tri-County Health Department (Adams, Arapahoe & Douglas Counties)
- Closed until March 31
- Programs, classes, etc cancelled until April 12.
- Xcel Energy (Public Service Company of Colorado) has announced that it will not disconnect customers during the COVID outbreak. Read more here.
- IREA (Intermountain Rural Electric Association) has also announced that it will not disconnect electric service. Offices are closed to walk-in payments but drop boxes are available. Read more here.
- Energy Outreach Colorado – energy bill assistance